Free computers for your school!
Montana's School Computer Equipment Program
The program collects computer equipment from state and federal sources, and private donations to distribute at no cost to Montana's K-12 public schools. The equipment is stored in Helena and is operational, but all data (including operating systems) is removed for security purposes.
The program basics:
- Schools are responsible for traveling to Helena to retrieve equipment and must have an appointment.
- Equipment cannot be reserved as space in the storage facility is limited.
- The inventory of surplus equipment varies from day to day
- The program maintains a waiting list of schools interested in equipment and schools are contacted about their eligibility, usually via email.
- Contact Scott Buswell to seek information, put your school's name on the waiting list, or to check the availability of equipment. Please provide the following info in your email: name, school district, school name, and phone number.