MT Writing Teacher Online Professional Learning Community (PLC)
Join the community of teachers as they ask/answer questions and share strategies in this online PLC. This month’s topic is “Balancing Teaching & Teaching to the Test”. Visit the google doc to find links to the articles that you can select and read in order to be prepared for the discussion.
Click here to join us Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 3:45!
New English Language Arts (ELA) Course on the Teacher Learning Hub
Focused on writing, three new online courses developed by Dr. Tammy Elser in partnership with the OPI recently opened on the Teacher Learning Hub. These courses offer an in-depth look at the Montana Core Writing Standards and offer powerful ways to integrate writing in primary and intermediate classrooms, as well as integrating across content areas for the upper grade levels and high school. Check out these courses!
- Write From the Start: K-2 Writing Strategies- earn up to 12 renewal units
- Writing to Learn: 3-5 Writing Strategies – earn up to 12 renewal units
- Becoming a Writer: 5-12 Writing Strategies – (opening soon) earn 6 renewal units
Interested in Being a Teacher Leader? Interested in Arts Integration? The 2017-2018 Montana Teacher Leader in the Arts Program is now taking applications
Do you believe in the power of arts learning to make a difference in the lives of students? Do you want to take a leadership role in expanding arts education opportunities in your school and community?The Montana Office of Public Instruction and the Montana Arts Council are now recruiting educators across Montana for the third year of Montana Teacher Leaders in the Arts. Through this innovative program, MAC and the OPI seek to develop teacher leaders who can support other teachers statewide in integrating the arts into their classrooms. Over the previous two school years, 29 Montana educators have become Montana Teacher Leaders in the Arts.
The program includes an on-site summer institute on arts learning, July 31-August 9, 2017 at Salish Kootenai College, online professional learning opportunities throughout the school year, and support for a field project in the arts in the teacher leader’s school or region.All K-12 teacher in Montana’s public schools, arts specialist and classroom teachers, as well as qualified teaching artists, are welcome to apply for the program.
- Information for applicants is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pMhRIR54w-czVXU1hKLVhBSm8/view?usp=sharing
- Apply for the program here: https://goo.gl/forms/SlDifrVAzsOQphdj1
- The deadline for application is Friday, February 24, 2017.
- Contact Christy Mock-Stutz at the Montana Office of Public Instruction with any questions about the program: email@example.com or (406) 444-0736.