JOIN US for the Montana Data Use Culture Conference to be held September 26 – 27, 2017 at Radisson Colonial Hotel in Helena, Montana.
This year's conference hosts two keynote speakers. Dr. Kyle L. Peck is a leader in innovations in using technology and data in new and creative ways that puts students, teachers, and school leaders back into the center of reform agendas. He will talk about the potential of engaging education data to enact reforms of schools, universities, and government. Jaimie Casap is the Education Evangelist at Google. Jaime evangelizes the power and potential of technology and the web as enabling and supporting tools in pursuit of promoting inquiry-driven project-based learning models.
Breakout session topics include: Data Literacy - Evidence-Based Practice - Data Quality - Continuous Quality Improvement - Data Governance - Best Practices for Data Use and Dissemination - Data Visualization - Evaluation - Data-Driven Decision Making
By going to this conference you will learn more about learn more about:
- Data literacy – to mine GEMS to achieve practical data-driven goals.
- Continuous Quality Improvement – one university’s efforts to integrate their curriculum, including teacher preparation, higher education, and adult education.
- Data Governance – how data governance and student privacy are at the foundation of data use in schools, universities, and the government.
- Evaluation – the results of this year’s external evaluation of the GEMS system.
- Sponsored research – the MDUC program sponsors a variety of research projects. Many already have preliminary findings and are showcased at our conference.
Registration is now open!
Go to our website for more information or CLICK HERE to Register for the 2017 Montana Data Use Culture Conference. To ensure your space please register before September 11th, 2017.
Lodging is going FAST and the ROOM BLOCK will close tomorrow! Registrants are eligible for special group rates which begin at $95.00 plus tax a night! Once they are gone, regular rates will apply.
Reservations must be made directly by the registrant to the Radisson Colonial (Helena). This may be done by calling 1-406-443-2100. OR
- Click on the link below
- Fill in the correct date of arrival
- Click go
- This will bring you to the page with all of your rates listed for this room block. http://www.radisson.com/reservation/itineraryEntrance.do?hotelCode=USAHEMT&promotionalCode=MTDATA
Registrants are eligible for special group rates which begin at $95.00 plus tax a night. *When calling, please refer to the “Montana Data Use Conference” to receive the discounted rate. When making a reservation online, the access code MTDATA will be prepopulated for you.
Please make your room reservations right away!
For questions, please contact Michelle Eckert, Conference Coordinator, at 406.243.6842 or firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Office of Public Instruction directly at (406) 444-5222 or OPIMDUC@mt.gov.
Please feel free to forward this to anyone that may be interested.