Big Idea #1 – New Self-Paced Courses
A Universe of Learning: Digital Tools & Digital Learning (2 renewal units)
Confidence in Content: Teaching Linear Equations (6 renewal units)
G “Sweet” (Google Suite) Sampler Platter (4 renewal units)
Integrating Journalism in Your Classroom (1 renewal unit)
Using Writing to Teach Critical Thinking (1 renewal unit)
Big Idea #2 – Upcoming Facilitated Courses
Orientation to Special Education, Jan 8 – Feb 3, registration open Dec 11 (15 renewal units)
It’s Your First Year Teaching, Now What?!, Jan 15 – March 5, registration open Dec 18 (12 renewal units)
Science 3D Implementation Mentorship, Jan 22 – March 4, registration open Jan 8 (24 renewal units)
STREAM Math Courses, Jan 22 – Feb 9, registration open Jan 1 (15 renewal units each)
Describing Data (4-7)
Statistics: Inferences (HS)
Teaching & Assessing English Learners, Feb 9 – March 25, registration open Jan 26 (35 renewal units)
Big Idea #3 – Upcoming Online Communities
Can’t make the live meeting? Don’t worry, recordings will be posted. The link in parenthesis will direct you to the proper place to get more information.
- Dec 13th @ 3:45pm: National Council for Teachers of English Update (MT Writing Teachers)
- Dec 13th @ 3:45pm: MTSS Administrators Round Table Discussion (MTSS for All)
- Dec 19th @ 3:45pm: State Formative Assessments (Virtual Math Community)
- Dec 20th @ 3:45pm: Data Driven Instruction (MTSS for All)
- Jan 8th @ 4pm: Social Media – Being Involved & Protecting Yourself (Trending Teacher Topics)
Watch for the 3 Big Ideas Hub Special Edition to come out the first Wednesday of every month.
The OPI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, require an alternate format, or have questions concerning accessibility, contact the OPI ADA Coordinator, 406-444-3161, email@example.com, TTY 406-444-0235.
~ Content Standards & Instruction thanks you for reading the 3 Big Ideas ~
Colet Bartow, Director, (406) 444-3583
School Library Information, (406) 444-3583
Jessica Bryant, Teacher Learning Hub Coord., (406) 444-3557
Christy Mock-Stutz, English Language Arts, (406) 444-0736
Michelle McCarthy, Science, (406) 444-3537
Marisa Franklin, Mathematics, (406) 444-3583
Marjorie O’Rourke, Professional Learning Data & Info Specialist, (406) 444-3538
Wanda Arlint, Administrative Assistant, (406) 444-0716
- Access more resources from Montana Teach.
- Learn about more professional development on the OPI Professional Learning Opportunities Portal.
- Check out the NEW OPI Website.
Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser.