Welcome to 2018! While it is cold outside, let's think about warmer weather....
Big Idea #1 - Be a Camp Counselor or Instructor at the Montana Learning Center
The Montana Learning Center is looking for certified teachers to be camp counselors or instructors for their 2018 Summer Learning Camps for Kids. Camp counselors or instructors must be certified teachers with current CPR certification. The five camps run for one week and start June 24, 2018, ending August 2, 2018. Visit the Montana Learning Center website to apply and for more information.
Big Idea #2 - Get 'Em Outside Mini-Grant Program
The Montana Environmental Education Association (MEEA) is offering $500 mini-grants to teachers and educators for innovative, sustainable programs that get students outside, learning about the Montana environment. The deadline to apply is January 15, 2018, and grant awardees will be notified by February 28, 2018. Visit the MEEA website for application information.
Big Idea #3 - More Fun Things
- Test your education acronym knowledge with a We Are Teachers quiz about the acronyms.
- Math Magician is a website that has a daily math challenge of answering 50 questions in 2 1/2 minutes. Students can print out a certificate showing their score at the end of the challenge.
- In case you missed the 3 Big Ideas - Hub January edition, here are some great facilitated Math courses that start on January 22:
STREAM: Measurement K-3 (15 renewal units) facilitated, Jan 22 – Feb 9
STREAM: Describing Data 4-7 (15 renewal units) facilitated, Jan 22– Feb 9
STREAM: Statistics-Inferences HS (15 renewal units) facilitated, Jan 22– Feb 9
~ Content Standards & Instruction thanks you for reading the 3 Big Ideas ~
Colet Bartow, Director, (406) 444-3583
School Library & Resource Coord., (406) 444-3583
Christy Mock-Stutz, English Language Arts, (406) 444-0736
Michelle McCarthy, Science, (406) 444-3537
Marisa Franklin, Mathematics, (406) 444-0706
Marjorie O’Rourke, Professional Learning Data & Info Specialist, (406) 444-3538
Wanda Arlint, Administrative Assistant, (406) 444-0716
- Access more resources from Montana Teach.
- Learn about more professional development on the OPI Professional Learning Opportunities Portal.
- Enroll in online courses on the Teacher Learning Hub.