NEW AIM COLLECTION AND FIELD FOR END OF YEAR 2017-18
ESSA CHRONIC ABSENTEEISM DATA
The OPI AIM staff has posted a new document concerning the new ESSA Chronic Absenteeism data on our AIM web page. Please review it for details on how chronic absenteeism will be calculated and reported.
To help answer some frequently asked questions, here are some general notes on the new ‘ESSA # days absent’ field in AIM/Infinite Campus for the new ESSA Chronic Absenteeism data:
- Starting in the 2017-18 school year, there will be a new annual OPI AIM Data Collection called ‘ESSA Chronic Absenteeism’, which will be due at the end of the school year as required by the federal Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- The OPI AIM staff is in communication with other Student Information System vendors such as PowerSchool, School Master, Q and Lumen.
- There will be a new field on the student enrollment screen inside AIM/Infinite Campus called ‘ESSA # Days Absent’. It will be located to the right of ‘ADA - #Days Enrolled’
- This ‘ESSA # Days Absent’ field will hold one value per each students’ enrollment record and will equal the total number of days absent during that enrollment.
- The current ‘ADA #Days Enrolled’ and ‘ADA #Days Present’ field values cannot be used to calculate ‘ESSA # Days Absent’. This is due to the calculation of ‘ADA Days Present’ being in decimal format and the ‘ESSA # Days Absent’ is calculated as a whole number (not decimals).
- There will be a new ‘ESSA Chronic Absenteeism Calculation’ report inside Infinite Campus provided in time for the end of year 2017-18 state reporting. It will list those students who are determined as ‘Chronically Absent’. This will be determined by if the student is absent for 10 percent or more of their total days enrolled at a school. Note: This calculation is based on the total days enrolled and total ESSA days absent for all the students’ enrollments at a school, within a school year.
For districts using MT Edition of Infinite Campus who upload their data:
- For those districts that upload their data into the MT Edition of Infinite Campus, there will be a new separate upload process and template.
- The new upload template will include the ‘ESSA # Days Absent’ field which will populate one whole number value per student enrollment.
- The new ‘ESSA # Days Absent’ upload file specifications (for the new template) will be provided by Infinite Campus in the fall of 2017.
- The new ‘ESSA # Days Absent’ upload process will be developed by Infinite Campus in time for the end of year 2017-18 state reporting.
The OPI AIM staff will provide further guidance via emails and documents on our AIM web site as we get more information.
Thank You For All That You Do! Please don't hesitate to contact the OPI AIM Help Desk at 877-424-6681 or 406-444-3800 or email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser.