Big Idea #1 - New Teacher Learning Hub courses
Take courses on your own schedule, for free and earn renewal units!
This month’s facilitated courses:
- STREAM: courses designed to increase your Math knowledge plus how to embed STEM experiences in student learning. Courses run November 28th – December 16th and are 15 renewal units each.
- Geometric Thinking (K-3) & (4-7) sections
- Movin’ Around: Transformation (7-9)
- Geometry: Transformations (HS)
- Teaching and Assessing English Learners(30 renewal units or 2 grad credits)
- December 12th – January 29th
New self-paced courses:
- K-6 INFORMative Math Instruction: Who Knows? Who Doesn’t? Now What?
- Write From the Start: K-2 Writing Strategies
- Welcome to Our School! An Introduction for Substitute/Guest Teachers
Big Idea #2 - New NOAA/NASA weather satellite
NOAA and NASA launched their new weather satellite, Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite - R Series (GOES-R) on November 19, 2016. In honor of the launch, NOAA and NASA's SciJinks newsletter is dedicated to the new satellite. The satellite's website has instructions on how to make a Lego version of the satellite, as well as information about the features on the new satellite.
Big Idea #3 - Updated Bloom's Taxonomy
Bloom's Taxonomy has been used in the classroom for over 50 years to help teachers create activities to encourage use of higher-level skills. Recently, it has been updated for the 21st century classroom. Read the article to learn about the updates and lesson that used the new taxonomy.
~ Content Standards & Instruction thanks you for reading the 3 Big Ideas ~
Jael Prezeau, Director, (406) 444-3128
Colet Bartow, School Library & Resource Coord., (406) 444-3583
Jessica Bryant, Online Professional Learning Coord., (406) 444-3557
Christy Mock-Stutz, English Language Arts, (406) 444-0736
Michelle McCarthy, Science, (406) 444-3537
Jake Warner, Mathematics, (406) 444-0706
Marjorie O’Rourke, Professional Learning Data & Info Specialist, (406) 444-3538
Wanda Arlint, Administrative Assistant, (406) 444-0716