Big Idea #1 - Nominations for Teacher Awards
- The Montana Professional Teaching Foundation is accepting nominations for the 2017 Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST). Nominations are open to math and science teachers in grades 7 to 12. The deadline for nominations is April 1, 2017. Visit the PAEMST website for nomination details and form.
- The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History is accepting nominations for the 2017 National History Teacher of the Year award. Nominations are open to elementary school teachers in grades K to 6. The state winner will receive a $1,000 along with an archive of classroom resources and be a finalist for the national award to be given in New York City. Visit the Institute's website for nomination details and form.
Big Idea #2 - MSP-LEAD
MSP-LEAD is accepting applications for teacher leaders in grades 5 to 12 for the 2017-18 academic year. A $2,000 stipend and OPI renewal units are available for participating in MSP-LEAD. Additional information is on their flyer. Apply here to participate. Contact MSP-LEAD Director Dr. David Erickson of the University of Montana or call 406-243-5318 for more information.
Big Idea # 3 - Teacher Learning Hub Facilitated Courses
3 new courses and 3 back by popular demand! These free courses range from 15-20 renewal units and run for 3-6 weeks. Use the links below to read more about each and enroll today before all the spots are taken. Watch for new courses to open each month.
- Autism Academy – starts January 23rd
- Instructional Strategies – starts January 23rd New!
- Orientation to Special Education – starts January 23rd
- STREAM: Mathematical Practices (K-8) – starts January 30th
- STREAM: Describing Data (4-7) – starts January 30th New!
- Instructional Teamwork – starts February 5th New!
~ Content Standards & Instruction thanks you for reading the 3 Big Ideas ~
Colet Bartow, Director, (406) 444-3583
School Library & Resource Coord., (406) 444-3583
Jessica Bryant, Teacher Learning Hub Coord., (406) 444-3557
Christy Mock-Stutz, English Language Arts, (406) 444-0736
Michelle McCarthy, Science, (406) 444-3537
Jake Warner, Mathematics, (406) 444-0706
Marjorie O’Rourke, Professional Learning Data & Info Specialist, (406) 444-3538
Wanda Arlint, Administrative Assistant, (406) 444-0716
- Access more resources on the Teaching & Learning page.
- Learn about more professional development on the OPI Professional Learning Opportunities Portal.
- Enroll in online courses on the Teacher Learning Hub.