3 Big Ideas Hub Special Edition
Big Idea #1 - New Self-Paced CoursesThese courses are free and available for you to complete at your own pace.
- Ensuring Equity for All In Math (10 renewal units)
- Introduction to Gifted Students (4 renewal units)
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) Overview (1 renewal unit)
- Student Guided Approach to Suicide Prevention (2 renewal units)
- Growing Up WILD! Exploring Nature With Young Children (10 renewal units)
- An Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana (2 renewal units)
- Check out these and all the self-paced courses here
Big Idea #2 - Upcoming Facilitated Courses
STREAM courses (15 renewal units each), March 27th – April 14th, registration opens early March
- All About Fractions (3-5)
- Ratio and Proportions (6-7)
- It’s All Right: Pythagoras (7-9)
- Functions as Objects (HS)
Paraprofessional courses, March 27th – May 2nd, registration opens March 8th
- Autism Academy (20 renewal units)
- Orientation to Special Education (15 renewal units)
- These courses are specifically designed for paraprofessionals but open to all educators.
Big Idea #3 - Featured Course: Montana Writing Education for Learners and Leaders (WELL)
This program blends a facilitated course, online meetings and in-person sessions around the state. Take a journey through the Montana Common Core Standards for Writing, how to implement them in the classroom, and then on to what it means to be a leader. Ultimately, you will create a leadership plan and we will build a network of professional support for teachers in every corner of Montana.
Watch for the 3 Big Ideas Hub Special Edition to come out the first Monday of every month.
Jessica Bryant, Teacher Learning Hub Coordinator, (406) 444-3557