Big Idea #1 – New Self-Paced Courses
These courses are free and available for you to complete at your pace.
- Writing Across the Disciplines in Grades 5-12 (6 renewal units)
- Using the Montana Early Warning System (4 renewal units)
- Check out these and all the self-paced courses here
- Over 60 in development and coming soon
Big Idea #2 – Upcoming Facilitated Courses
In the past, most facilitated courses have taken a break over the summer but we are working to add more. Here are the current offerings though August, we’ll let you know as more get added.
Introduction to Teaching Health Science as a Career Pathway (20+ renewal units)
- June 19th – 30th, registration will open early June
- With the right qualifications you can also do a job shadow, earn 80 renewal units, and apply for a class 4A Health Science Endorsement – or just take the course for 20 renewal units. Contact Renee Erlandsen with questions, (406) 994-6986, or Rerlandsen@mt.gov
G “Sweet” – The Main Course (15 renewal units)
- August 7th – Sept 17th, registration will open in July
- Advanced use of Google Suite tools. There will be a “sampler platter” Google Suite course coming out over the summer.
First Year Teachers! Important Tips, Tricks, and Survival Resources (15 renewal units)
- tentatively planned for August 7th – Sept 17th, registration will open in July
Big Idea #3 – Have great K-8 science lessons to share? We need you!
We are creating Hub courses that highlight science in grades K-8 (hands-on lessons, project based learning, and performance based assessments). Our goal is to include short interviews from teachers all around Montana about the great science lessons you are using. Interviews will be online - all you need is a great lesson, a few spare minutes, and a computer. A webcam, images, or students samples would be great too, but totally optional. Interested? Let us know by answering these quick questions.
Watch for the 3 Big Ideas Hub Special Edition to come out the first Monday of every month.
Jessica Bryant, Teacher Learning Hub Coordinator, (406) 444-3557
~ Content Standards & Instruction thanks you for reading the 3 Big Ideas ~
Colet Bartow, Director, (406) 444-3583
School Library & Resource Coord., (406) 444-3583
Christy Mock-Stutz, English Language Arts, (406) 444-0736
Michelle McCarthy, Science, (406) 444-3537
Jake Warner, Mathematics, (406) 444-0706
Marjorie O’Rourke, Professional Learning Data & Info Specialist, (406) 444-3538
Wanda Arlint, Administrative Assistant, (406) 444-0716
- Access more resources from Montana Teach.
- Learn about more professional development on the OPI Professional Learning Opportunities Portal.
Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser.