Big Idea #1 - New Self-Paced Courses
- Make your way through three grade band specific role-play simulations; learn to recognize when a student is in distress; initiate a conversation with a student about your concerns; and, connect student and parents with support services.
- This course will guide you through a collection of content specific digital tools to "tech your teaching up a notch!" You will be asked to consider the content, pedagogy, and, of course, technology, that will help your students be better learners and creators in the digital age.
- This interactive course is set up to assist you in using the NASA website for supplementing textbook reading with inquiry-based activities by experiencing a few lessons as your students would.
Big Idea #2 - Upcoming Facilitated Courses
STREAM Math Courses (15 renewal units each)
- Oct 30th-Nov 17th, watch for registration to open the week of Oct 9th
- o Number Systems and Operations (K-3)
- o Number Systems and Operations (4-7)
- o Mathematical Modeling (K-8)
- o Mathematical Practices and Modeling (HS)
- o look at all their upcoming courses at streammath.org
Big Idea #3 - Upcoming Online Professional Learning Communities
- Oct 11th @ 3:45pm: Writing – 6+1 Traits with Jacqueline Raphael (Education Northwest)
- Oct 18th @ 3:45pm: Science – Developing and Using Models
- Oct 25th @ 3:30pm: Data and Assessment – Using Interim Assessment Data
- Oct 25th @ 3:45pm: Multi-Tiered Systems of Support – District Implementation
- Go back and watch Trending Teacher Topics - Being Professional and Networking (Oct 2nd)
- Coming Soon: Arts, Math, and Special Education
Watch for the 3 Big Ideas Hub Special Edition to come out the first Wednesday of every month.
Jessica Bryant, Teacher Learning Hub Coordinator, (406) 444-3557
The OPI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, require an alternate format, or have questions concerning accessibility, contact the OPI ADA Coordinator, 406-444-3161, firstname.lastname@example.org, TTY 406-444-0235.