Big Idea #1 – New Courses
Media Arts 101 (2 renewal units)
- Introduction to the new Montana Media Arts Standards. This course will guide you through the new Montana Media Arts Standards and provide resources for integrating media arts into your classroom.
Reading Between the Lines: Close Reading Strategies for Secondary (3 renewal units)
- Participants in this course will understand the purpose of teaching close, analytical reading of informational text in their classes and will step through the process of creating a lesson to use in their classroom. Applicable to all content areas.
A School’s Guide to Creating a School-Wide Reading and Writing Protocol (3 renewal units)
- Virtually Guided Group Course: Participants take this course together as a group in order to create a set of protocols and common language for teaching close reading and evidence-based writing in order to enhance reading and writing instruction across all curricular areas and grade levels.
Growth Mindset (3 renewal units)
- Virtually Guided Group Course: Participants take this course together as a group and put themselves in the shoes of a learner to discover their own mindset, as well as understand the research and vocabulary necessary to address the importance of addressing mindset with their students.
Big Idea #2 – Upcoming Facilitated Courses
STREAM Math Courses (15 renewal units each)
- Nov 27th – Dec 15th, watch for registration to open Nov 6th
- Geometric Thinking (K-3)
- Geometric Thinking (4-7)
- Mathematical Practices (K-8)
- Exploring Transformations (7-9)
- Transformations and Proofs (HS)
- look at all their upcoming courses at streammath.org
- Orientation to Special Education, Jan 8th – Feb 3rd (15 renewal units)
- Teaching and Assessing English Learners, Feb 19th - March 26th (35 renewal units)
Big Idea #3 – Upcoming Online Professional Learning Communities
Do you find yourself wanting time with other teachers in your content area to ask questions and share resources? We have a solution! Check out our online PLCs! Can’t make the live meeting? Don’t worry, recordings will be posted.
- Writing - Pre-Service Teachers Host - Nov 8th @ 3:45pm
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support – Administrators Round Table - Nov 8th@ 3:45pm
- Data Driven Instruction - Nov 15th @ 3:45pm
- District Implementation - Nov 29th @ 3:45pm
- Trending Teacher Topics – IEFA and Teaching Culturally - Nov 13th @ 4pm
- Science – Engaging in Argument - Nov 15th @ 3:45pm
- Data and Assessment – Formative Assessment – Smarter Digital Library - Nov 22nd @ 3:30pm
- Math - Data in the Classroom: GEMS, SBAC, and more - Nov 28th @ 3:45pm
- Arts – Arts & Innovation, Tying Arts Education to Career Education - Nov 30th @ 3:45pm
Watch for the 3 Big Ideas Hub Special Edition to come out the first Wednesday of every month.
Jessica Bryant, Teacher Learning Hub Coordinator, (406) 444-3557
The OPI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, require an alternate format, or have questions concerning accessibility, contact the OPI ADA Coordinator, 406-444-3161, email@example.com, TTY 406-444-0235.