Dear Partners in Education,
- The OPI is currently under contract negotiations with a vendor for technical assistance to modify GEMS Data Warehouse and write programming to generate report cards for each Montana school with the data that is required by the DOE in December 2018. These report cards will use data from the 2017-2018 school year for the most part, although some components may need to be pulled from 2016-2017 school year data.
- Once the design of the report card begins, we will ask for input from our Partners in Education.
- OPI is currently evaluating the data we house to ensure we have all the data elements required and begin planning for any missing components.
Modifications to E-Grants & the Continuous School Improvement Plan
- E-Grants was modified to reflect current programming and federal funding streams.
- This year the CSIP has undergone minor modifications and next year it will have further modifications in order to consolidate multiple reports into the CSIP.
Comprehensive & Targeted School Support
- The needs assessment for evaluating needed support for comprehensive and targeted schools is under development.
- The math and literature Guides for CSI and TSI schools are being improved.
- Case study teams are being piloted in the High Priority Districts (districts in which every school is identified for comprehensive support). This is a strategic team approach to problem-solving and providing resources to each district with a key point of contact from the OPI to build relationships and streamline communication.
Define Ineffective & Inexperienced Educator
- OPI will coordinate a work group to look at models that will work in Montana and generate ideas.
School Expenditure Reporting
- School Districts with more than 1,000 students were requested to participate in a work group to establish state guidelines for per pupil expenditure reporting by school code. The OPI appreciates the collaboration of many districts and MASBO as we work toward meeting this requirement of the DOE by July of 2018.
- The OPI is seeking a waiver from the DOE for per pupil expenditure reporting by school code for school districts with less than 1,000 students.
Director of Educational Services & ESSA