Big Idea #1 - The Hour of Code is coming!
If you've heard about the Hour of Code before, you might know it made history. More than 100 million students have tried an Hour of Code. This year, let's make it even bigger in Montana--join a statewide Montana Hour of Code on December 3, 2018.
All K-12 schools can choose activities that fit your interests and grade levels. If you are already registered and planning an event, get the word out. If you haven’t, please try the Hour of Code yourself—everyone can benefit from learning the basics. Please follow our announcements on social media with ideas and events. We’ll be using the hashtags #HourOfCode! and #MTHourOfCode.
Register your December 3 event and get started at http://hourofcode.com/us.
Big Idea #2 - Free online safety resources
- Microsoft Education has developed free online safety resources for parents, students, and educators. Visit their website for more a variety of resources to boost your online safety curriculum.
- Common Sense Media also has great online resources for parents and educators.
- Google’s Be Internet Awesome site also has resources and curriculum to help teach students how to be safe online.
Big Idea #3 - State match funding for broadband internet access
The Montana Department of Commerce Community Development Division is accepting applications for state match funding for schools to upgrade their internet access. All public Montana K-12 schools are eligible to apply regardless of location. Visit the Community Development Division's website for the application and more information about the program.
~ Content Standards & Instruction thanks you for reading the 3 Big Ideas ~
Colet Bartow, Director, (406) 444-3583
Christy Mock-Stutz, English Language Arts, (406) 444-0736
Michelle McCarthy, Science, (406) 444-3537
Marisa Franklin, Mathematics, (406) 444-0706
Marjorie O’Rourke, Professional Learning Data & Info Specialist, (406) 444-3538
Wanda Arlint, Administrative Assistant, (406) 444-0716
- Access more resources from Montana Teach.
- Learn about more professional development on the OPI Professional Learning Opportunities Portal.
- Enroll in online courses on the Teacher Learning Hub.
The OPI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, require an alternate format, or have questions concerning accessibility, contact the OPI ADA Coordinator, 406-444-3161, firstname.lastname@example.org, TTY 406-444-0235.
Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser.