MLA Advocacy Committee: School Librarian Survey
The Montana Library Association/EveryLibrary School Library Advocacy Project was established in July 2017 with the intent of creating a comprehensive advocacy plan for effective school libraries in Montana. Our first step is to collect data and information from you, the Montana school librarians on the front lines. With this information, we can create an advocacy plan to strengthen Montana law and policy relevant to school libraries and librarians. With this in mind, we ask that you please complete the following survey. It deals with two issues: 1) Budgets and Staffing, and 2) Fidelity to and Implementation of the Administrative Rules of Montana, 10.55.709.
The survey will be open for two weeks. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the survey.
If you have any questions concerning the research study, you can contact Ann Ewbank at (406) 994.5788 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have additional questions about the rights of human subjects you can contact the Chair of the Institutional Review Board, Mark Quinn at (406) 994-4707 or email@example.com.
- Ann Ewbank- Director, Library Media Program, MSU-Bozeman
- Mary Anne Hansen- Renne Library and Instructor, Library Media Program, MSU-Bozeman
- Tona Iwen, Clancy School
- Dianne Matilla, Rosewater Elementary, Billings
- Lisa Mecklenberg Jackson, MLA President, Montana Innocence Project
- Jodi Oberweiser, Drummond School-Community Library
- Marla Unruh, Broadwater School, Helena
MLA Fall Retreat Grants Available
Are you planning on attending the MLA Fall Retreat at Chico Hot Springs on October 15 and 16? If so:
- Are you a current member of MLA?
- Do you live farther than 50 miles from Chico Hot Springs?
- If you received a grant in the past, has it been two years since you’ve gotten it?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, your Montana Library Association Professional Development Committee encourages you to apply for a $50 MLA Fall Retreat grant.
New OPI Website
The new OPI Website launched on August 31. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the new look, search features, and locate the information that you rely on. If you have any questions or need navigation advice, please contact the Content Standards and Instruction team.